Monday, March 14, 2011

The Vibes Are Being Gathered

The Gathering of the Vibes lineup has been announced, and I've got to say, I'm kind of sad that I didn't put any thought or effort at all into trying to go to it. Like, if I even thought once over the past few months, "Hey, maybe I should look into going to the Gathering of the Vibes this year"...or even "Hey, the Gathering of the Vibes is, in fact, happening this year"...then I would be much happier than I am right now. John Butler Trio, Taj Mahal, Elvis Costello, Jane's Addiction (??), Further and .moe are all parts of this festival, and also happen to contribute to all things good in music. Which I support.

Also on the bill are Dark Star Orchestra, Levon Helm, and The McLovins. Gotta love a band that is young enough to name itself after Superbad, and also, they're dirty...(check them out covering "You Enjoy Myself" by Phish...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5E3iGtyX18)..not bad considering they are like 16 years old. But my favorite part of this lineup is .moe. I saw .moe last year on Halloween in Albany, and other than the fact that it was in Albany, it was great show... John Entwistle skeleton body suits and all. (In case of missed reference, check it)Anyway, .moe kills it. So I'm pumped for everyone that is going to see them at the Gathering of the Vibes.

Also, if you want to gather with some vibes of your own, check out Plectrum's Saint Patrick's Day Showcase at the All Asia Bar in Cambridge this Thursday, March 17th at 7!, featuring Ridden, Fifth Element, Wicked Blue, Jason Labbe, Andy O'Brien, and special guest Dan Rodman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Facebook